When your intentions are to eat healthy, but time just doesn't allow, hire a Personal Cook! Simply-VA offers weekly or occasional cooking services in the comfort of your home.
Based on your preferences, each week you're offered a sample menu of dishes from which you choose three complete meals. The quantity of each meal is often enough for one night's dinner plus leftovers for lunch or dinner again the next day. Menu planning, grocery shopping, cooking and clean-up are all done for you. Meals are prepared in your kitchen and placed in the refrigerator, just heat and serve. Special diet requests are always accommodated.
Cook sessions are set up for the same time and day on a weekly basis, though you're always welcome to use this service on an "as needed" basis. Cost is $150 per cook session + cost of groceries, obviously varying depending on the menu. Reserve your initial complimentary in-person consultation now by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or (434) 825-9510. Email is always the best way to reach me. This personal cook experience is available in Charlottesville, Albemarle County, and most surrounding areas. The personal cook kindly requests 72 hours notice if you need to cancel or reschedule your reservation.
How the Personal Cook Service works...
1) Email email@example.com for a complimentary consultation with your preferred date, time, and address. Response is usually within 24 hours.
2) I will come to your home and meet with you to discuss your needs, check out your kitchen, and set up your first cook date and time. The meeting could be as quick as 10 minutes or as long as 30 minutes.
3) Following the meeting, a seasonal menu of meal choices will be emailed to you for approval. You choose which 3 meals you feel like eating this week.
4) Upon menu approval, your personal cook will email a grocery list. You'll check off the items you have on hand, email the corrected grocery list back, and I'll know that the remaining items need to be picked up at the grocery store prior to your appointment.
5) At the scheduled time, I'll arrive with my personal cookware and knives. Using your containers, meals will be packaged and labeled. The final menu with any preparation instructions are left behind. Payment for services and grocery reimbursement is due on the day of service. Grocery receipts will be provided. You don't have to be home at the time of service, just leave payment behind.
6) A few days later, I'll email to find out if you'd like to set up the service again for next week, same time. You're welcome to provide any special requests at that time or I will suggest a few dishes for you.
Why do I need an in-person consultation prior to the cook session? The initial consultation gives me a chance to check out your kitchen and see what cookware I'll need to bring to complete your weekly menus successfully. It also gives us a chance to meet as oftentimes, you're not around during the cooking session. During this consultation, you can share with me any allergies and food preferences.
Do you offer meal deliveries rather than cooking in my kitchen? A commercial kitchen is required by the Virginia Department of Health when preparing meals for the public. Meals are prepared directly in your kitchen and offered as a cooking service rather than a meal delivery service.
When does the cooking take place? Cooking services are available Monday morning through Friday afternoon with various start-time slots in the week. Cook sessions are approximately three hours. Appointments are based on which time slots are currently available, which changes week-to-week and month-to-month.
Do I have to be home during the cook session? Most of my clients work from home, so it's not unusual for me to be cooking in the kitchen and you to be working in your home office. If you work outside the home, we can make arrangements for my access to the kitchen.
Can I choose my weekly meals? Meal requests are welcome, though most clients prefer the creativity of my weekly seasonal menu offerings that fit their taste preferences.
Is there a contract obligation? No contract obligation is required. You can use the cooking service on a weekly basis, just one time, or once a month. The courtesy of a 72-hour cancellation is always welcome, however.
When is payment made for services rendered? Payment is made at the time of service on a per-visit basis. Payment is preferred in cash or check made payable to "Simply-VA".
Of course you can always ask questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or (434) 825-9510. Email is always the best way to reach me.
Photo menus are being created daily...see them in progress on Facebook.
Feel free to ask questions at email@example.com